Here are our winners!
“Wedded to War” by Jocelyn Green - Patti H.*
“Wish You Were Here” by Beth K. Vogt - Chris. G.*
“That’s How We Roll” by Anna R. Weaver - Barbara T.*
*winners have been emailed and responded with their addresses.
I’ve been putting down roots in my new home and community this month, which is something that I haven’t done since going on the road full time almost 4 years ago. It’s definitely been an adventure. I joined the worship team at the chapel on my husband’s base and singing with them on Sunday has become one of the highlights of my week. The privilege of leading people in worship is so underrated sometimes. I started going to the weekly women’s Bible study there and have met an absolutely amazing group of ladies that welcomed me with open arms. (Let me tell you, they have been a huge blessing to this poor introvert’s soul!) I’ve also been able to connect with some really nice military wives whose husbands work with mine. It’s been really cool getting to know all these different people. So many stories and so much diversity. Even though it’s been hard for me to step out of my comfort zone and reach out to people I don’t know, I feel blessed to be a part of something bigger than myself. How about you? How has your month been? Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Writers, what are you writing this month? Has anybody here been to Rio? Did you like it?
Prayer Request Stuff:
- For Heidi T., a friend who discovered that she had cancer last week and has been in surgery for the past few days.
- For Josh W., a friend whose leukemia has been diagnosed as “incurable”, his family, and the doctors as they work to get it under control.
- For my dad, who is sick today.
- For my sister as she prepares for her wedding, less than a week away.
- For personal safety for me as I fly to Pennsylvania for the wedding and for my Hubbins, who has to stay home and work.
- For my family as they travel and spread the Gospel through music.
- Several unspoken requests
- Maxie Anderson’s brother, Marion James has cancer on his face and has had several surgeries. Please pray for healing.
- Barbara T. requests prayer for financial and health issues.
As always, please let me know if there is something I can add to the list. You can even do it anonymously (just let me know that you want to keep it anonymous so I don’t post your name.) I would truly be honored to pray with you. There is no prayer too large or too small for God to handle.
Question of the Month (QOTM):